The award-winning Hansen CIS solutions deliver an ideal combination of capability and performance to support modern large-scale metering, customer service, and billing operations.
Competing capital requirements, security concerns, an aging workforce, technology complexity, desire to improve customer service, and changing regulatory requirements are just some of the issues facing the utility industry. As market, regulatory and business requirements change, utilities find themselves struggling to change core customer systems and functional processes.
Current trends toward smart metering and smart grids represent even further pressure on utilities - both from the perspective of business and systems change, and increased pressure on capital expenditure.
As utilities prioritise capital spending initiatives, the inflexible yet not-broken customer systems often lose out in favour of delivery and generation initiatives. However, the business risk of these legacy systems increases with time, as technology ages and the cost of maintaining significant customisation and legacy code increases. Furthermore, retirement of specialist programming and support employees for legacy applications places increased pressure on the utility to manage these complex systems. Utilities face the issue of how to balance the cost and risk of systems replacement with the need to improve operational efficiency and customer service whilst keeping up with changing technology.
Reasons to select Hansen CIS Solutions
- Hansen has over 250 utilities-focused experts experienced in delivering targeted CIS solutions
- Focused on efficient business processes and intuitive design, the Hansen CIS lowers overall cost to serve
- Modular solutions allow utilities to phase implementation and enhancements, reducing risk
- Supporting major utilities in regulated, transitioning, deregulated, and disaggregated market models
- Richly functional and proven to scale
- Proven in the world's most progressive markets, the modern and flexible Hansen CIS is smart-ready
- The open-standards Hansen Integration Toolkit lets utilities choose best-fit solutions across their enterprise